Last updated: January 28, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
Key privacy concepts have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access ZenMaid or parts of ZenMaid.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by you on any electronic device, named ZenMaid
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to ZenMaid, Palo Alto, California.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to the United States.
- Device means any device that can access ZenMaid such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the ZenMaid Application or the ZenMaid Website or both.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate and/or provide services on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to ZenMaid or to assist the Company in analyzing how ZenMaid is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of ZenMaid or from ZenMaid infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Zenmaid, accessible from get.zenmaid.com
- You means the individual accessing or using ZenMaid, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using ZenMaid, as applicable.
Collecting and Using your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask you to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using ZenMaid and is essential to how the web works.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access ZenMaid by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access ZenMaid by or through a mobile device.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with your prior permission:
- Information regarding your location
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company’s servers and/or a Service Provider’s server or it may be simply stored on your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through your Device settings.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
Use of your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your Account: to manage your registration as a user of ZenMaid. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of ZenMaid that are available to you as a registered user.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To provide you with technical support: To attend and manage your requests to Us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact you.
- With business partners: We may share your information with Our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with ZenMaid
- Protect the personal safety of users of ZenMaid or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Hello EU users: Your data, your rights
Although Zenmaid is an American company, the protection of personal data is very important to us. In accordance with the GDPR, you have a number of rights listed below: “Your data, your rights”
- You have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Data in our possession (“right of access”).
- You can also request the erasure of your Personal Data as well as the rectification of erroneous or obsolete Personal Data (“right of erasure and right of rectification”). Please note that we may retain certain information about you when required to do so by law or when we have a legitimate reason to do so. This is the case, for example, if we believe that you have committed fraud or violated our General Conditions of Use and that we wish to prevent you from circumventing the rules applicable to our community.
- You also have the right to object at any time for reasons relating to your particular situation:
- to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes
- to other processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interest (“right to object”).
- You have the right to limit the processing carried out on your Personal Data (“right to limitation”). Please note that this right only applies if:
- you dispute the accuracy of your Personal Data for the duration allowing us to verify the accuracy of the latter;
- in the event of unlawful processing on our part and you request a restriction of their use rather than erasure,
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but they are still necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in the event of exercise of your right of opposition during the verification period relating to the point of knowing whether the legitimate reasons which we pursue prevail over yours.
- You also have the right to the portability of your data, i.e. the right to receive the Personal Data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit these data to another data controller (“right to portability”).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority or to obtain compensation from the competent courts if you consider that we have not respected your rights.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, We may require your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
- By email:
- By visiting this page on our website: